Fathers


I think it's true; we should honor our fathers and mothers every day, but I also think it's good to have designated time to go the extra mile. Parents only want to know that their children are doing good things, but I still think they need a day to be recognized. Today, you are recognized to the world. People forget what an honor it is to be a Father.

Our Heavenly Father entrusted you to be my dad. He knew you could handle me. You volunteered to go first and good thing we made sure this would last for eternity. No, I still don't understand that concept yet, but I want us all to be connected.

I love you, Dad, for being a worthy Priesthood holder, for being the organized head of our home. I appreciate your gentle humor and down to earth personality. And all the times you packed my lunch or made it to my high school ball games. You didn't even like cross country, but you made it to those meets as well. Thank you for supporting me. I remember the times I didn't make it home for curfew and you fell asleep in the front living room. Thank you for all the care packages in college. Thank you for being my GPS during my heightened moments of distress. We'll always have dads to protect us. I'll always be your little girl. Thank you for letting me grow up and being there whenever I need to fall back. I appreciate the pushes and the drags, the vacations, and the talks that get to the point. Thank you for not knowing you were being awesome. Thank you for trusting me, loving me, and teaching me to move forward.

Even with the growing gray hairs, you will always be the Mr. Do It All. I never would have passed my math homework without you. You and mom are everything. It's an eternal plan put in place by God's magnificent hands.

Yours eternally,
Your daughter


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will always be the first...child, daughter, graduate, to leave home, we will see from here about the rest...I love you with all my heart and will drop everything to be there for you!!!

Love Pops