Truce?

So I got out of my vindicated funk.
I cared so much about not caring and letting myself just know I was right.
I justified my hateful annoyances every day.

I slowly realized that is not how I should live
Should I even want to.
So, I'm changing.

I have to learn to get rid of the hate list. I have to just love.
Love doesn't keep track of numbers. I am learning this lesson.


Today I apologized for my indifference.
I don't even think she understands me yet,
but I am grateful for her elasticity.

#1 the greatest commandment is to love God
#2 like unto it, love your fellow neighbor

So as for the other one,
I am just not sure yet.
I think I might actually be hurt with her opinion of me
although I know it's manipulated and horribly misunderstood.
I still hate being misunderstood.
maybe I am a brat. maybe I am the typical provo byu student
I always hated on. maybe I am inconsiderate, young
and immature. maybe I like country music and
I don't want to always ask your opinion.


This will take more patience. More care. More thought.
Sigh. It's never easy.

But we cannot justify ourselves is contention for long.
It no longer becomes a battle of who is right or who is wrong
both sides become their own kind of wrong.

I cannot hate her for what she did,
because I did the same in my own way.
It just amazes me how different our eyes see.
I can still find something good in her.
She distastefully threw me out the window.
*Dust off the shoulder*

No comments: