chocolate is not a fix all

Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is struggling.
So many girls struggling with insecurities
So many suffering - men and women alike.
From body imagine to lost loved ones.

The second I think someone is fine and legit
I hear about their weakness, their struggle.
I want to help people and so many need some type of help

but how.

Maybe this should be my profession.


Or perhaps I'm the one who needs help.

Every day people walk around easily offended or hurt
Maybe I've become too unattached to emotion to become so

I told you - I don't show excitement unless I'm 100% in
because I hate when people back out, lie, or don't hold up their end.
but I swear I have emotion.
I just analyze everything and am cautious.
You, person with problem,
I am cautious about you.

I don't take it personally - anything personally
because I really know myself. I'm annoyingly introspective
but I like for people to understand me
and to understand themselves.
that I do care about.

It's also really easy to forget yourself. or to pretend to not care
about your feelings and just be there for everyone else.
It's easy to put yourself last so you don't have to make
everyone else worry. That catches up with you though.

No comments: