33 days

33 days before I leave to NYC, then Paris, Geneva, London, Hong Kong, and Tokyo!!

I've moved past my dramatic week, as dramatic as my life can get any way. Sure my stress level may be at an elevated marking point, but there is always going to be some kind of pressure. And life is about living by faith -- not always involving a set plan -- but trust, and for a person like me...that can be stressful.

Guess what song i LOVE: John Mayer "Say," but of course I enjoy a wide variety and can hum along and WILL hum along to just about anything. It's just so calming...

I AM SO LUCKY
. I am going on my study abroad in a month. And I get to travel with my camera, speak with all kinds of people and see all kinds of places. That's my idea of a perfect life. AND I'M LIVING IT.

AND THEN I am going on a cruise with my best friends back in Florida and it's going to be AWESOME. I LOVE the sun... and sushi

I'm doing what I can in school, sure it's not great, sure I could be working harder...but I am working. And I realize I cannot be perfect. It just isn't going to happen. I'm just doing what I can and trying to learn from it all. I enjoy learning...even if the integrated core makes that difficult.

I hate how money seems to tie me down. However, I can't do everything at once. Sometimes you have to jump in and swim, I'm learning to trust. But at the same time you have to be smart-- sacrifice before you can reap the best rewards. BALANCE. So maybe I'll take next fall off and work... maybe there's a reason I don't have a place to live. Maybe I don't have to rush school. I know where I eventually want to be: that's the general plan. I will have to make sacrifices to get there, but the path isn't so easily sketched, and it's always in pencil. So I have no idea what I am going to do after this summer, but all I have to say it 33 more days.


PS
My picture from New Orleans is on the front page of the daily universe. =) Hilarie is pretty sweet; I'm glad mine got picked! I need to better my portfolio and find my creative niche. I can't wait. And one day I will be able to afford the equipment. Priority with that: tripod, easily transportable.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

we're going on a cruise!

Sean said...

I'm slightly, scratch that, extremely jealous! Make sure you bring your camera!

Caitlyn said...

heyy, so i know this is a longshot, but if you're wanting to take the Fall off and work, and would also not mind (or kind of like) being in Tallahassee, we need another roommate.

And I can't wait to see all the pictures you take when you're gallivanting around the world!

Megan said...

Kayla, I want to see you before you go!!!!

Hilarie Ann said...

Dangit! I can't remember what I wanted to say!

Hilarie Ann said...

Oh!

"Say" has totally been my theme song this year, even though I haven't been good at actually doing what it says... don't judge me...

P.S. Don't kill yourself with school. I haven't seen you in two days...