Lists for Life


I discovered this on stumbledupon.com - I think it's very true and reasonable: 30 Habits that will change your life. Please read after this post so that we can set goals together =)

And the next time you get bored? Don't turn on the TV - get productive: Things you Can Do Instead of Watching TV unless Suits is on!!

I also found this list of oxymorons and basically loved them. So I share, ahem:

virtual reality
original copy
old news
act naturally
living dead
pretty ugly
jumbo shrimp
rolling stop
constant variable
exact estimate
paid volunteers
civil war
sound of silence
clever fool
only choice

I am really productive with my google time.
I want to create my own list.

20 things I wish I knew back then
and am still trying to understand today


1. You never really become an adult; you just take on more responsibility and with that, wisdom. All of a sudden you will graduate from college and realize nothing happens until you decide to make it happen.

2. Never shave your stomach. I still curse that day and I have always wondered why no one warned me.

3. Being silly is one of my favorite qualities in a person, when the mature person says it's okay to let their hair down.

4. Stop worrying about finding your passion and just become passionate about everything you do - self discovery will be made.

5. Memorize something new every day.

6. Create a habit of being active now. The day you put it off is the tomorrow that never makes it happen.

7. Smile more often - it releases serotonin

8. Water in underappreciated and can cure much of the world's problems

9. Read books and value learning

10. Develop the ability to forgive and become even tempered

11. Be the person that makes other people feel special

12. Be mysterious.

13. Don't burn bridges

14. Choose your friends wisely. You develop their habits.

15. There is a difference between liking and loving. One is a commandment, the other is not.

16. Keep a journal

17. "You can do anything, but not everything." - David Allen

18. Gain an ask first, tell second personality.

19. Surround yourself with good mentors.

20. "Laughing at our own mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else's can shorten it." - Cullen Hightower

No comments: