I want to be everything, today. It's a problem. I can't say I plan on getting over it.
I have narrowed down three things that move me and get me excited. I always move, but few things really move me in that way. I would prefer these things at any point in time. If I could somehow make everything involve these three things, well I'd be broke, but SO incandescently happy. So outside of you, honey, I am inspired by the following passions:
1. photographs
A no brainer, I know. BUT I don't think you understand to the extent. I don't always carry around my camera because it's heavy and a pain to deal with quite frankly BUT I stare at them. I see things as stills and then they pick up and move again. They are life - captured. Colors, lighting, secret smiles and glances, innocence, peace, frustration, love, pain, hope, truth... I think it's about capturing God's hand, and it leaves me standing there at times in complete awe. It calms me.
I can spend hours editing or just thinking about new projects.

2. food
Yes, I like eating. However, I love the idea of creating just as much. There are SO many options it can be intimidating and overwhelming as you begin, and heaven forbid there are just as many ways to go wrong BUT it builds and strengthens you (or it can tear you down, but you can choose and that's the beauty of it!!).
The aspects of food that I love: color, variation & experimentation. I am lucky to have so much variety, and I want to use it. I can stare at pictures and recipes all day. And yes, I dream of having my future space with my own ingredients, and therefore, freedom to create. And then there is the sensation of bringing that fork/spoon to your mouth and you just sinking back in your chair. I have to admit, sometimes I just sit and eat, food being right then and there my focus.
If you want to become addicted too; go here: http://foodgawker.com/
Now, I just have to become good at it!!
BBQ Chicken & Cheese potatoes
3. books
I feel like I never make enough time for this. I like everything from math text books to scriptures to Nonfiction to Ender's Game. Let's not forget about all the blogs and news that floats around on the Internet. But nothing beats the idea of buying books. I love the smell of new books, but there is also charm in older books. I can't wait to build an actual library. I am still trying to finish Black Like Me and John Adams. I have Fountainhead and Blink next on the list. But it truly goes on and on. Then there are the scriptures and the talks from prophets and apostles. So much knowledge to be gained!
I wish I read faster, but I feel as if I have to understand every word and really capture the purpose of every paragraph. I don't ever remember all of it though, so I should just read faster and get through it, then come back to it and read it again to catch things I missed. Repeat on my book list? A little intense.
My favorite childhood book was Secret Garden, and now? oh don't even ask that question.

Now....
What I wished I was obsessed with?
Music and Exercise. In time...
I did purchase a guitar last year and a new road bike is still at the forefront of my mind (until I realized my best friend is getting married in OR and flights cost $500) and did you read my last blog post? oh yeah - doing AWESOME ;)
Because I work and it's slow and I can't actually DO what I love, I have discovered a few websites that entertain me for the moment. It's good to get an organized plan so that one day you'll be ready for action:
Ideas/Interest sharing: pinterest
Food (because it's worth copying again)
Photos my own PR ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment