Kimball's formula for success

So I found my journal that I had to keep for my Marriage and Family class. I remember thinking I don't have much to write, but how glad I am that I did. It's always worth it. Words to remember and go back to are amazing. Take this exerpt. I mean... now I remember Pres. Kimball's formula for success in marriage:

2/11/2008

Today's lesson in M&F was on love. You can guess how much I loved that. I wrote down 3 key things (wait 4) which establish Kimball's formula for success:

1. Proper Approach: minimum = temple; it's important to recall other basic baselines (i.e. attitudes in callings and prophets) Also, just know what rules they grow up with so you know what to expect (i.e. soda, Sunday TV)

2. Selflessness

3. Continued Courting

4. Continued Living the Commandments


...less like a formula and more like guidelines BUT there you have it folks... success.

Now if I could just find that husband I misplaced somewhere...

No comments: