I don't know how to say it. It's like cotton balls are drying up my throat. Please, stop shoving cotton balls in my throat; my mind takes no thought to my dry mouth. Maybe he can read my eyes.But we are saying goodbye. I am saying goodbye to those eyes. A little pride hates that you will stop caring, but I know you have to stop caring. Listen to me tell you - stop caring. I am running away now. I am gone. You really did look good tonight, but I can't take advantage of you like that. You deserve something so much better and that's why I'm telling you not to care. It's why I am running away with my heart. I am giving yours back. I don't deserve it. No, you were good. We had a shot. No regrets. We can't look back. I'm sorry I was awkward, if I was awkward, I still care. You can assume I don't if that helps. Don't miss me. Please, don't miss me. You said it was fine. I hate that word. I know what fine means. Sometimes it's all we can say. I don't know how to do it better, but one day... trust me, one day you will get it. Please keep being wonderful. You are wonderful, but it's not right. I know it's not right. I guess that's all I can say. I questioned too how I could cry if it was right; it's just hard. I still care, but I can't, you... you can't. Because I don't care enough. There are limitations on my ability to care, and you don't deserve that.
No, you don't deserve that at all.
I just want to protect you, yet I am the reason for your pain? Maybe I am giving myself too much credit. Maybe you are already over it. It's fine. It's over. Go on your way.
No comments:
Post a Comment