let's ride

So this week is biker week, well for the the Grand Strand at least
and the Harleys roll out
Did you know they are loud?
They roar past my window just about every 5 minutes.

I HAD to get some pics at the local vendors.
I must experience the culture here in its entirety.
I have this fear: we'll call them scary, large-in-stature men on Harleys,
but they really are harmless, well, for a girl like me and a camera any way.
perhaps just in a large group setting


But their women... holy cow!
One basically had no shirt (she forgot to put it on)
And another basically had no pants (the pockets in the back were missing)
and they all carried beer

attractive I dare say.
Let's point to the loser in the green sweater (me)

Oh but the bikes!
I loved them, especially the vintage color ones (of course)
And there really isn't a perfect profile.
We think of bikers and we create that image of tattoos and the
if-you-get-in-my-face-ill-kick-you-to-the-moon stereotype
which is true.
but I saw old men
men who looked like they just took off their white coat
and could be my friends dad
or maybe even my own dad (maybe)
I hear most are lawyers and doctors
I mean only the rich can afford those custom designs

so it's fun. to watch people enjoying their hobbies,
riding and being that person that they can't be in every day life.
I think it's that feeling of being free;
I think I can relate -
interesting to say the least.


Only in thought - if I got a tat it would be on my scapula. no, not the bone silly.

Leah: I took this photo for you.


No comments: