
Honey, some days I just want to let myself have a break down. Those moments when you linger a little longer after you shut the engine off, letting the last few lines on the radio fade out. It's like I can't hide anymore. I have to walk in. I have to be someone. I have to do something. But who knows what any of that really means. I get asked questions all day about what's going to happen. I wish people would stop living in the future. I'm slowly learning to let myself live in the present, but it's not easy. But if I've learned anything, it is this:
If I live too much in the future at once, I just find myself living in the past. I don't want to regret. So I think of the future JUST ENOUGH to do what it takes to make myself happy right now. I see where I want to be, but you cannot enjoy the future unless you are enjoying the present.
So no. No, it's not easy to leave my best friend. It's not easy seeing these faces for the last time. I am leaving knowing I will miss the mountains and the sweet innocence that exists in this town. I don't have everything lined up, but my heart tells me I've had my time. And Provo, it's been well spent. I have finished school and have learned things only BYU could teach me. I cannot waste time waiting. I won't let myself regret and I won't let myself fear. I still don't believe in goodbyes, but I have no idea which faces I will ever see again. But I don't fade and I won't let those I care about fade either. I only plan to do what makes me happy today and tomorrow. In one week - I will get in my car and drive. I will drive into the next chapter of my life. It's not my time - it's our time.
{I hope this is where you come in}
1 comment:
like!
I feel the same way. Only Tallahassee is not so innocent..
Post a Comment