I put myself last, except when it comes to the dessert line

It's true. I am the first to assume I am wrong and second guess myself. I would rather be proved right later. However, this can be negative because often times we don't get a second chance.

If all the girls want the cute boy, I let them have him and hope he sees me through the noise. However, this can be negative because boys are hardly that sensible and soulmates do not exist, so I don't get the date nor do I get the ring. On the contrary, in some cases that's a good thing.

I was never tough enough to hold onto the ball, and I let the other team take it from me. If they wanted it that bad, then they deserved it. I'm not used to taking, which is why sports do not come naturally.

If everyone is raising their hand, then my comment will eventually come out; I will let others have their voices heard. However, people then assume I do not have an opinion, am dumb, or don't exist.

If you really want to bicker and hold your case, then it must be really important and I'll just let you vent while I sit in silence. However, my side is never understood, and people assume I'm unthoughtful or as I said earlier, dumb.

If people really think they are more important and can cut in line, go ahead. Some people can handle the evil glares without a blink. However, then I become a pushover and that's a bad thing when I recieve nothing in the end. But not always.

The cool kids always get the first seats right? When the bus fills up no one else gets to go right? The jobs are taken the boyfriends are gone and all I am left with are the thoughts I didn't say and the other "losers" who were too lazy to care. Maybe there are more people like me.

Here's how people define the person illustrated above: lazy, shy, timid, weak, and/or dumb.

Not true. Save the labels for your coupon box. I will get better in my own way. You can get better in your own way. And the world will continue to go round even though we do not all fit into one cutely designed box. I think God accepts those who keep holding and aspiring to something greater than themselves. I think that's what is important. I don't think you have God's eyes. So you don't know where I've been and where I can go. And you see your own life through a fogged mirror any way.

I'm just looking for the dessert. I don't like grabbing everything just to sort out what I don't need later. I'm slow and I go for exactly what I want. If I really wanted the ball, I would have made my arms stronger. I just trust that the Lord won't make me be a line cutter or get the boy who is blind.

I wonder if this post made any sense. I'll publish it and let you decide. I have to get back to homework now. No one else has control over that but me.

1 comment:

Caitlan said...

i believe there is wisdom in holding your tongue, and i always respect the people who don't need to be center of attention and have nothing to prove. in other words, i respect you and i liked this post. :)