Whatever Happened

To my touch lamp...
I hate getting out of bed to turn off the light.
To Tang...
I loved that stuff
I still have my boom box, you? I still have my Hanson CD too.
Since when did CD players become old school
And Google became my encyclopedia
Remember when we used to have encyclopedias?
I never stopped to think "This is the last time dad will make my lunch"
I still remember running for my life from my brother down the hallway
Since when did my life depend on Gmail
And remember that time I thought blogging was gay?
I remember when calculator games were the cool thing to do in class.
I still have tapes and a vhs collection
Boy bands were our middle school pop culture
Do you remember the leggings that had that strap you put under your foot? or the leotards you wore as a shirt?
I never had a straightener nor wore make up
12 year olds now know more than me about primping
I remember when we all sat around the lunch table with our new digital cameras
and played Oregon Trail in our computer class because that was the cool new thing
Remember when we all found out Pluto wasn't a planet and that they were wrong about the atom? yeah...


It's weird.
Who knew the world would change so quickly.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Pluto is not a planet?! I still have my New Kids on the Block CD! And I use to LOVE Oregon Trail & Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego! I would love for my kids to play those games!

Sean said...

haha, this brought a smile to my face, good times growing up. what will our kids say?