Today I Realized Something

I wish I drank coffee; i get it free at every hotel. just kidding. I thought I'd like the city life, I don't. Actually I just don't like the city life outside of America. And saying I don't like it is harsh. I actually do, but I can't imagine living in it...day in day out, that would be hard. I guess NYC is still within, but that's an exception. I just can't handle too fast paced.


If I miss America it's because I just miss my comfort zone. I miss my internet, cell phone, car, cheap food and variety of food. I miss space. I miss pandora and bathrooms when you need them. I miss getting what I paid for and understanding the language. Back home, if you don't like it you can ask for something different. Here I feel obligated to just accept things, not knowing if it's fair or not. I thought of a good way to learn more Spanish before I leave college: audit a class. I don't know why I think of these things so late into the game. So typical.


So after seeing Wicked tonight (o so good...I have a new appreciation for musicals, Hilarie would be happy) I stopped in the small convenience store on the way home. I spotted Isaac some change and as I reached for the M&Ms I've been craving for years, he turns of the light and says closed. In other words: you're fat and don't need chocolate. I'll just say thank you and move on I suppose.
PS I had the perfect nap today in our ghetto room that I love. Seriously, I can brush my teeth in the sink that is one inch from my bed. And the hallway looks like an old asylum...every step makes you think the floor will drop through and I feel like I'm missing my oxygen tank. However, the light was shining softly through our 3rd story windows onto the white sheets. I was out. This traveling takes a lot out of you. The thought of a good nap never leaves the back of your mind.



PPS London exchange rate sucks. It all fails. I stopped asking how much things cost now a days, okay not really...but to a certain extent, you just have to pay it and move on with life. I've got to get a second job and a career. What the heck am I going to do...

I made a list of fun British words in our DHL presentation today...

brilliant
amazing
knocked over sideways
hell of a lot
cheer-io or cheers
mobile phone
my love
bloody

2 comments:

Hilarie Ann said...

I wish I could drink coffee too. Especially when I make it at work and the fabulous aroma wafts its way past my nose every time I walk by the machine...

I am so proud of you. Wicked is just amazing like that anyway...

You don't love the fast-paced city atmosphere because you are a four. Remember? [Black and White, Symmetrical, Cleaning habits, perfectionist, bold, sure, etc.) Fours have THE slowest energy movement. They like still environments.

Love you babe! Thanks for the updates on your fab study abroad!

Sean said...

hey hey hey, i love your pictures you have posted. it looks like you're having a great time there. im sure you miss the money room dearly though?