I’ll start with me. I am really quirky. I have a lot of things that I do that people would find ridiculous. Most people could listen to the way I speak, to the way I think, to the things I do and find no correlation, r=0. I hate chewing on gum and if I must I only take half. I hate the feel of rubbing cotton. I never sit on the inside of the booth. I speak without spaces between my words and I can go from one topic to the next without any transitions. I see the world as snapshots. I like to walk and listen to the different sounds. I take way too long when there are too many choices. I like even numbers probably because I like things symmetrical. I’ll eat things that dropped on the floor and share my drink. I talk like I assume those that are listening are in my head. I say what first comes to mind and I read out loud. I have to read something twice before I ever understand it. I’m about 50% in my ability to understand jokes before the laughter is gone. I have pretend conversations with myself. I can laugh even when there’s nothing to laugh about. Trust me, I could go on, and that’s exactly it.
The way each person thinks, speaks, and acts creates a world of diverse and hopelessly unique individuals. And thank goodness. I hear people give Provo or even Utah the mock label cookie cutter. Trust me, we try to all be one in purpose, but we are all so so different; it’s inevitable. If we were all attracted to the same thing, this world would not run. We’d become even more ruthless and greedy. The thing is, we all want first place, but first place for me is standing on top of that mountain, where first place for you is sliding down the white hills. And they are both great places to be.
So it’s okay if you don’t like me. Maybe you’re not meant to like me. It’s okay that I don’t want to date you because maybe I’m not supposed to date you. But that doesn’t mean we’re not awesome people. Any couple linked by intrigue and respect who are trying to live righteously will make it. The world goes round because I want to be a photographer and you want to be an engineer. The world goes round because I want to live where it doesn’t snow and you can’t live without a white Christmas. The world goes round because I like him and you like his best friend. God knew it would.
We just expect it to be easy when it most certainly cannot. We want to be lazy when we cannot afford to. We think our lives should be as easy as his. How did he get lucky? Probably right after he wasn’t. Truth is we all have our moments of I win, you win. And if there isn’t a balance, maybe
I stopped at a gas station to get some snacks for the flight. (PS. Chili and lime crackers are disgusting, just get the hoggie sub and be satisfied.) The lady at the checkout stand asked me if I wanted to donate a dollar for the troops. H* no I don’t want to. What the heck are you supposed to say to that. They make you feel like a witch for saying “no I would not like to help the troops, the starving families, the boys and girls club, thanks for asking.” Can we really ever donate enough? It’s a balance you need to feel satisfied with. I didn’t give her a dollar if you were curious. Call me scrooge.
After parking my car at the airport I got on the bus to take me to my terminal. The sign said your bus driver’s name is Cheryl. I laughed because a man was driving. And then I wondered what happened to Cheryl. Then Cheryl came over the microphone and called the next stop number. He was a girl. I then just felt sad.
1 comment:
It's good to know that that other people have conversations with themselves. And i will have to agree that the fact that you are dating my brother and I am dating yours does make the world go round.
Post a Comment