Math, Arthritis & Dolla Bills

I just got a new keyboard at work and all of a sudden I have nothing to type. Hence - new blog post. It is a little loud. Okay, a lot loud, but it's easier on my fingers. Maybe I'll just have to cut my nails? This is very exciting because I just spent the last hour chatting online and by phone with a nurse to get some general (but I really wanted specific) medical information.  Basically I learned nothing, but I feel safer about ruling out carpal tunnel and arthritis, although I think a crappy keyboard encourages the symptoms of both. Perhaps I should cut back on my texting as well. I feel like everyone in this century should suffer from squished wrist nerves.  But I secretly still think I have arthritis, but I will just couple my new keyboard with motrin and see how that goes. I don't really want to diagnose myself with arthritis until I'm 70 or never. 'Here are stronger pain meds because getting old is painful' is all they will say.

I have 21 minutes at work left. You know what I am not good at? Doing math in my head, but it's because I won't let myself practice (unless it's how much I get off at the store). I didn't want to feel stupid 20 years ago so 20 years later I still can't do it?  Don't worry, I have a different plan for my kids so that they don't have to count on their fingers when they're 50, but who are we kidding. When do you not have a calculator? I know we're all worried about efficiency. Not hurting my brain is worth the time it takes to pull out a calculator. And yes, my kids are learning mental math at age 3.

I support math, I really do. I kinda wish I did it on a daily basis. Like solve formulas? I think it would be a lot more enjoyable than data submission policy research.  I didn't say that out loud. I love my job. I love supporting my expensive desires. I feel like I just keep throwing money around like it's nobody's business. I don't spend anything and then all at once BAM: deposit on a new apartment, a new lens, a new bike, a wedding dress. What's next - a new desktop? *i do* Eric wants a new bike. We have to get a bed and a couch. You make it work and it works. I'm parched. I think I'd eventually get bored of math equations as well. I can just keep switching between math equations and crafts. I think my brain will then be fulfilled.

This picture has nothing to do with this post, but go ahead and try to fit it in.
That's what we call humanities.

No comments: