So am I supposed to start a new blog now? Am I supposed to call it Mr and Mrs Smith? I have to admit, it sounds kinda crazy, but it feels pretty normal. I'm just marrying my best friend - once we decide on a date.
I don't know what protocol is on most of this stuff. I am used to doing what I feel like, not super romantic, not super crazy, just me. Society makes me feel obligated to wear this diamond ring and explain how he proposed. It's a big deal, I know. I think the only cute thing is hearing about how guys actually think about things. We love a guy caught up in love. It gets us every time.
Most of you may not have been surprised. Apparently just Leah and Troy. I have known for a little while now, but I also knew Mr Smith moves at turtle speed. Last night he made it seem like he still didn't have the ring. We finally went ring shopping like a week/two weeks ago and I showed him things I liked, okay maybe like 2-3 things - I swear I don't know why good, simple, classic taste is so hard to come by. Okay, so maybe I'm picky about only liking squares, not wanting something too thick, curvy or pokie - sue me.
I didn't know he went back a couple days later to pick it up. I've told him forever that my only real wish was to make sure he asked my dad. So he finally gets around to it and asks me out to dinner.
I had a feeling. I don't go to fancy restaurants. I don't like fancy places unless they are 200 years old and make awesome photo backdrops. And I definitely don't like spending money without good reason. I told him this better be important. I know - I'm hard to please - haha. He thinks he had me fooled, but then again, it wasn't really a secret. You want to eat at Sequoia do you? You want me to take pictures of this night, yeah? You want to go find a bench, yeah? Somewhere we can be alone? I would have hurt him if people were around. We landed somewhere next to Iceland. Okay, maybe just the steps of Iceland and we talked and he said something sweet and reality hit me and...
no, I didn't cry. I was slightly surprised by the reality of it all, but of course I said yes and well, here we are - he put a ring on it.
But besides my ring finger feeling a little more important, your news feed blowing up with my announcement, and a butt load of questions that I don't have answered yet, "When's the date" will be a good one to get started on, life seems mostly the same. I'm still marrying my best friend, but now I get to tell the world =)



2 comments:
OK!! More people were surprised than just us and this is because you keep everything a secret!!!!!!!!!!! Also, Turtle speed?!? lol I think a lot of people see this as cheetah speed!!! haha This is all very exciting!! 1st one in the group!! who is next??
Yay you!! :)
Post a Comment