between carrots and doughnuts

Life's Predicaments:
i was so good.
eating my cereal with fruit
being content with one sandwich
even drinking my crystal light and having one light snack
with a dinner of whole grain pasta, spinach, mushrooms
and even cooked carrots.
that i hate without butter.

and then my roommate makes a butt load of doughnuts &
leaves the house saying "I made too many help yourself"
evil. sin always tastes so sweet.

and then before i knew it, the sun was gone
but I was like - whatever - a night run will still be good
It was pouring down. I realized how perfect that became
Besides all the drivers who probably thought I was crazy,
I felt so good and felt so free.
for 15 minutes.

It's on my list of favorites.
But now what - I come home from church
The first Sunday of the month is Fast Sunday
and what is sitting on the counter?
A plate full of delicious doughtnuts
but i say - they taste like throw up

It's all a mind game.



No comments: