Update Summer

So Here's an Update on the Summa DO List.

1. The Proposal. Not as good as it was hyped up to be. This is why I don't go in with expectations, geez. (a) not enough character development for the couple to even be in love: I did not buy it. (b) the crudeness was unnecessary, the scene at the bar...I mean come on, gross. Also, the grandmother was just too much. The scene with the tribal dance...really? no. If Ryan Renolds wasn't so attractive and a good actor; I would have wanted my money back.

2. Chocolat. Again people, stop setting me up for discouragement. It was a good movie, with a good moral lesson. I just think I wish there were more settings. Not much variety and the beginning was kind of slow. Once Johnny Depp entered the scene though... I have to admit I would wonder how people thought he was cute...but he's definitely an attention grabber. Just not much to the plot.

3. Brynlee was born! Around 9:30ish last night. Tabitha is amazing and said it was the easiest thing. I wish I could be that lucky. She was beautiful... mother and daughter... and I was priviliged to be there and hold her. I could have held her for hours. I was sad of the low quality pictures just because I was basically shooting in the dark without a flash or tripod, but some of them still turned out okay. Check facebook for more.

4. Rand got his mission call! Since he was all upset that he didn't get it yesterday, the relief of a large white envelope from the mailman this morning was nice. He is going to speak Portuguese in the Belam, Brazil mission! He leaves October 21st for two years to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. and we are all very proud of him. It's weird that it is official now...

5. I finally learned how to hit a golf ball after generations of golfing in the family; my little brother gave my some pointers at the driving range, which then made me nervous because there were millions of little details to think about. Besides the ridiculous heat and sweat dropping into my eyes... I enjoyed it and want to go back to practice my swing. My first swing was a pretty good shot. Topped it the rest of the time...but there is hope. Troy was a good teacher. At least I didn't let go of my golf club like the guy 5 down from us...

3 comments:

Megan said...

Kayla, kayla, kayla. You crack me up. I am pretty sure I have the shirt that you are golfing in. And I thought the proposal was hillarious! And chocolat is one of my favorite movies! Love it! In fact, I might even name a daughter Vianne after her! :) ANyways, I went to your blog to look at your newest masterpiece photographs (speaking of masterpiece. remember that board game we used to play all the time? havne't thought of that in years.).. I am sick in bed with mono--dont even ask how i got it. So call anytime. I would love to talk! XOXO! Oh and try to not break a ton of hearts down there this summer.

Kayla Smith said...

omg hilarious? no. And I'm pretty sure I didn't go on with a bad attitude. I'm just a tough critic. Says the girl who actually liked that vampire movie...can't think of it for the life of me. I mean they are okay. If I bought them both at the red box I would have loved them I bet. You'd name your daughter Vianne? We really do need to talk. =) AND I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT GAME hahaha i don't think we ever really figured out how to play it. Still got it! And mono? ok ok i'm calling soon.

Tabitha said...

I love the pic of Paige and Ross! I want u to take more before u leave!