They tell you to stay away from the window during a thunderstorm. I like to see the light and then count the seconds to the thunder. I like listening to the rain tap on the window and hear the cars glide on the slick road.
3 miles away…
There’s no other sound like a cracking sky; it’s calming for me. I know I can’t do anything but stay inside. So I don’t mind evening rain storms. In less than a minute the whole street is soaking. I slept for a long time today.
My hair always looks great after I nap, ironically; never when I plan for it. My makeup has expanded to make my eyes darker. I like straight, long hair and dark eyes. I feel even mysterious to myself.
I was evaluating life at the moment and my place within it. The rain makes me contemplative and introspective because it slows me down. I realized I am not a person who is good at pretending to care. But although I like frankness and honesty, I realize there are times when I have to pretend. I have to pretend I didn't see the unnoticeable. I have to pretend that I don't have an opinion. These are times where I most desire to be the anonymous author and could tell the forbidden stories. However, it's just better to remain more Christ-like. So as soon as I start controlling my own thoughts...I can erase my sketched path down to hell.
My thoughts really aren't that bad. My most mutilated victim is myself.
I hate distrust in the world. I wish people assumed less. I wish people were more humble and less arrogant.
I wish I could better understand the world outside my own mind. I realize even when you think you finally understand something, there are always exceptions to make things complicated and, therefore, too convoluted to attempt an imagined conclusion. All these discussions end with “I don’t know.”I’ve realized the older I get, the more
I don’t know.
Someone on the television just said how sad he feels for ugly girls. The world is interesting. As if people are always trying to prove that they are worth something and that is settled by diamond rings and fancy shoes or even big boobs and large SUVS. That's for a minute population.
The rest of us fight over whether we can play instruments, speak 5 languages, calculate the hypotenuse, have cuter kids, ploy more men, and speak with poise and proper understanding. I wish we could better understand that no one is above anyone. That’s a common misconception of the carnal mind: superiority and the idea of entitlement. It makes some insecure and others supercilious. Both are destructive agents of what really matters. Maybe I say this because I have to justify my inadequacies and lack of talent. "I can reach the top shelf"
Imperfect people...Come hang out with me!
I'll even create this other group that people fail to recognize. Those who look better with make up and a new hair style, but really have to create their own kind of beautiful. Either way, someone loves you. I know this is true.
My summation rests with the idea that I just want to do things for me and not because of social demand. Good or bad, I do it because I want to do it OR I just fall under the impulse of the moment (which I allow on occasion) and I shouldn't care what people think. However, I still ponder on occasion. But I'm always curious what people think, not just of me, but of life. I like to hear what goes on in the minds of someone like yourself. I think we are all more alike than we think; it's just hard at times. As easy as it might seem in some moments; I know I cannot go through life alone.
So thanks, friend.
P.S. I'm never bothered by people who say too much (mostly because I do). Think away.
1 comment:
I liked reading this. I think my favorite was the part about erasing your path to Hell... haha.
Post a Comment