Shadows Fade into the Light

For a second I stood on the sidewalk, unable to breathe. My pride was hurt, I felt helpless and I wanted to stop my world and just let it out...

But the world wouldn't stop for me. I prayed and in my heart asked the Lord to comfort me. It was one of those moments where I was humbled to remember I cannot do it on my own. I knew He felt my tears of hopelessness. I stopped focusing on the negative and stopped letting him win. I felt better...

and then I was reminded of the few people in my life that I don't have to explain myself to, who already understand, who don't judge me, who just love me. I am so blessed and I don't even realize it sometimes. We are so selfish at times.


It was something so small that turned my day around. It's amazing, through small and simple things. It's remarkable how powerful a proper perspective can change your life. When you're focused on the good, it's so much easier to get over the bad.

call it a lesson learned: enjoy the moment, you may fall, but pick yourself back up, He'll help. Forgive yourself. Find value in setting a higher standard for yourself.

Life isn't about being perfect on the first try. It's about finding joy in making yourself a better person one moment at a time.

1 comment:

WHITNEY said...

You make life better for me.